Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Vietnam War - First day of chaos.

It is September 2nd, 1945. I am living in the middle of what  I think will become a war. The leader of the Viet Minh declared today that Vietnam is now an independent republic. I live with my father in south Vietnam. I don't know what are we going to do. I don’t know what will happen with my father's job. He was working at a factory, he was not paid so good but he earned the necessary to eat and to have a home. Since the last month that everything started, he is unemployed and we have moved to a communitarian shelter. Here we receive food and comfort but I really miss my home. I don't know why but I think I will lose it.
Today was a bad day because I heard that all of the men have to go and fight for the country. I don’t want my father to go to the war. It is very dangerous and I don’t want to lose the only thing I have in life.
I will stop writing for today because my father and I are going to a military camp where we are going to be sent to another part of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment